|Título del Puesto:||Finance Manager|
|Contrato:||One day per week|
|Reporta a:||Country Director|
Raleigh International is a sustainable development charity. We challenge and empower young people and communities to deliver grassroots sustainable development. Our programmes focus on providing access to safe water and sanitation, protecting vulnerable environments and building resilient communities. We work in collaboration with volunteers, communities and local partner organisations.
In Costa Rica we have 15 years’ experience working on a number of different programmes with national and international volunteers with a focus on natural resource management, youth leadership and environmental conservation in partnership with a range of local NGOs, cooperatives and government institutions.
Overall purpose of the post
The key purpose of the Accountant is maintain the national accounts for Raleigh International in Costa Rica this includes monthly reporting to the head office in the UK, paying suppliers and annual reporting to the national authorities in Costa Rica.
- Maintain the in-country accounts in dollars and colones and log the information into the system NetSuite
- Maintain a cash register with evidenced entries and tally the closing balances by denomination on a weekly basis. The closing balances should be verified by the Country Director
- Record cash received from Head office and local fundraising
- Check and verify purchase invoices and ensure that all bills along with the proper supporting documents are in place.
- Prepare vouchers in accordance with budget line-heads and process for payment either by cash or cheque and present this to the Country Director for approval.
- All cash payments above $500 to be authorised by the Country Director
- All cheques to be signed off in accordance with the local bank mandate
- Maintain cheque outward register with all details cheque number, payee’s name, cheque amount, brief details about payment.
- Prepare monthly Bank and Petty Cash Reconciliations for every bank account and petty cash in all currencies
- File the bills and invoices (including those from project partners)
- Generate CAS reports / NetSuite for Head Office
- Maintain books and reports as required by local accounts regulations as advised by our local auditors
- Submit all books for verification on a weekly basis
- Knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience of use of a database finance system
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish
- Qualification in Accountancy, Book-keeping, Commerce or Economics related field
- 2 years’ work experience.
The successful candidate must have:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Be able to work well under pressure, prioritise a heavy workload and work both reactively and pro-actively
- Be competent with Information Technology.
- Have a high degree of tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit.
Values, Behaviours & Competencies
Raleigh International’s core values are Drive, Courage, Integrity, Discovery and Impact. Our staff are expected to be passionate about and proud of their role. Team working is fundamental to our standards, and displayed by assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities / tasks if necessary. We are also results driven, committed and self-motivated to achieving targets, embracing accountability for our own actions.